FCA Executive Secretary
Due to unforeseen circumstances, our appointee to the position of FCA Executive Secretary last year, Jane Randall, is not able to continue in the position and so it is now vacant again. The FCA Board would welcome applications from any FCA members who may be able to meet the criteria for the job, as detailed below.
The position requires a person with a proven background in events management, written and verbal English-language communications of a high standard, ability to liaise effectively with government and business leaders, experience with a membership organisation, capability of organising travel and accommodation, effective time-management skills, and ability to commit to and meet deadlines.
- Events: In liaison with the FCA Board and the Events Sub-Committee, provide event management and organisation, e.g. FCA Newsmaker Luncheons, media briefings, roundtables, AGM; written and phone communications with speakers, venues organization, catering; draft communications to FCA members on scheduled events, including invitations, bookings and reminder notes; conduct follow-up calls to prospective speakers; produce written reports on events outcomes; liaise with the Events Sub-Committee, members and the accountant on payments for events.
- Membership: In conjunction with FCA Board and the Membership Sub-Committee, provide liaison service with existing FCA members and respond to their enquiries and requests for assistance. Assist Membership Sub-Committee with increasing membership by drafting communications to prospective members. Assist in keeping the membership database up to date. Provide feedback to the FCA Board on any membership issues. Assist in maintaining the ID Cards database and ensuring that all members have a current FCA ID card, in liaison with the Membership Sub-Committee and our ID Cards provider, CardSprint. Liaison with the FCA Accountant on payments of joining and annual membership fees.
- Sponsorship: Assist the FCA Board and Sponsorship Sub-Committee with development of FCA sponsorship, including exploring possible partnerships, drafting sponsorship proposals, liaison with existing sponsors to ensure effective communications with the FCA, organisation of periodical sponsors’ briefings to FCA members.
- Visits: Working with the Visits Sub-Committee and in liaison with host organisations, assist in coordination of short-term visits around Australia for members, including communications with members to encourage participation, logistics coordination and finalising program arrangements, as required.
- General: Promote the FCA and other ad hoc duties as required by the FCA Board.
Please contact the FCA President Hiroki Iijima, Vice President Sandip Hor, or Secretary April Pressler for more details or if you wish to apply. Contact us.